15 Quotes from Mr. Rogers to Brighten your Day
Mr. Rogers is an icon. No matter the age, people have a similar reaction to hearing his name. As a staple in so many homes around the world, Mr. Rogers educated viewers, while bringing joy into the lives of children and adults alike. In the new movie about his life, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, we are able to take a walk down memory lane while also getting an inside look at the man behind the sweater. In celebration of how amazing he was, I’ve rounded up some of my favourite Mr. Rogers quotes that I hope will brighten your day.
- When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, “Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”
- Love isn’t a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like “struggle.” To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.
- There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.
- It’s not so much what we have in this life that matters. It’s what we do with what we have.
- The world needs a sense of worth, and it will achieve it only by its people feeling that they are worthwhile.
- We live in a world in which we need to share responsibility. It’s easy to say, “It’s not my child, not my community, not my world, not my problem.” Then there are those who see the need and respond. I consider those people my heroes.
- Nobody else can live the life you live.
- And even though no human being is perfect, we always have the chance to bring what’s unique about us to live in a redeeming way.
- Often when you think you’re at the end of something, you’re at the beginning of something else.
- There are three ways to ultimate success: The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind.
- Forgiveness is a strange thing. It can sometimes be easier to forgive our enemies than our friends.
- Like all of life’s important coping skills, the ability to forgive and the capacity to let go of resentments most likely take root very early in our lives.
- In a way, you’ve already won in this world because you’re the only one who can be you.
- I don’t think anyone can grow unless he’s loved exactly as he is now, appreciated for what he is rather than what he will be.
- In times of stress, the best thing we can do for each other is to listen with our ears and our hearts and to be assured that our questions are just as important as our answers.
Did you watch Mr. Rogers? What was your favourite quote or memory? Let me know in the comments!